UKC

Fat burners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 18 Jan 2016
I always struggle to lose the last few pounds off my belly anybody ever used fatburners such as cla to loose those last few stubborn pounds?
 Bloodfire 18 Jan 2016
In reply to ffati:

I've tried the maxi muscle Thermobol variety and they seem to be great for a boost in energy for training etc but I didn't directly see the pounds come flying off. Maybe they make you work harder so you burn more calories.
 jsmcfarland 19 Jan 2016
In reply to ffati:

Trying CLA and green tea extract capsules. Haven't gotten into a routine with them yet, if I get anywhere I'll PM you
 Bootrock 21 Jan 2016
In reply to ffati:
Grenade.

https://www.grenade.com/uk/thermo-detonator/

Obviously use the instructions, but definately make sure you keep smashing the water while your on it. I had good results on this.

maxiMuscle, are usually overpriced basic, or previous generation stuff, they just smash all their money on advertising. I wouldnt really reccomend any Maxi Muscle stuff.

Obviously depending on your employments drug use policy, and your morals, theres a lot of other stuff out there, just be carefull what your doing, and do your reasearch and always follow instructions and if in doubt consult professional medical advice.
Post edited at 10:50
 Liamhutch89 22 Jan 2016
As an ex-bodybuilder I have tried most of them including prescription drugs and honestly none of them have had much of an effect that couldn't be achieved by diet alone.

Consistency is key. Count calories every day and never go over your limit. If you're going to have a cheat meal - starve for the rest of the day
 Bootrock 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Liamhutch89:

I concur, however I never had any results with anything other than Grenade, that being said I cant be 100% if it was the Supplement or the concious effort of watching calories in and out and physical training. I think there is a lot to be said for the placebo effect. Obivously theres no point taking them if you dont train or eat right.

When you say perscription, and that not much had effect, was this the case for ephidrine?
OP ffati 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

Cheers for the replies.

I do watch the calories and get plenty of cardio etc into my routine. Just can't seem to shift a bit of belly timber.

Not sure if my work helps that i spend half a month doing nightshift which sends my body a bit confused.

I will be drug tested soon with work and that is another thing I forgot to put in original post. Will something such as cla cause a false positive, know a friend failed after eating a poppy seed bagel.
 Ally Smith 22 Jan 2016
In reply to ffati:

A "fat burner" is very unlikely to give a false positive on a drugs test - they're mostly caffeine (literal German translation - "in coffee") and some capsaicin (the "hot" chemical in chilli) to make you sweat and make it feel like it's doing something.

CLA is conjugated linoleic acid - it's the oil/fat found in flax seeds

In other words, they're all "natural" chemicals that you could get by eating/drinking conventional foodstffs and thus shouldn't give a false positive.

(As an aside, and from personal experience, taking pseudofed before a drugs test can give a false positive - apparently pseudofed is often used by cheating sports persons as a masking agent, and hence the cheapo drugs tests used by employers are designed to give a positive result by default when they detect pseudofed)
 Gaijin 22 Jan 2016
In reply to ffati:

The other issue here is how/where you lose weight. We are all programmed (differently) in this manner and it is impossible to lose weight from a specific spot, eg your midsection. You cannot target your weight loss, just your overall weight loss.

It has been mentioned above, but I would reinforce the point that abs (and/or a lean body mass) is made in the kitchen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...