UKC

Best European breakdown cover?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Heading off to Spain for a few weeks, driving through France and do not have any current breakdown cover.

Who would you recommend?
 john spence 19 Jan 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

I'm with" The Green Insurance Company" £59. per annum, full European cover, home start etc .
Graeme G 19 Jan 2016

Swinton. First three months free. On return cancel the policy. Basically European breakdown cover for nothing. Result
In reply to Father Noel Furlong: That is outstanding. Bless you my child.

In reply to john spence: Thank you for that one too. Have you used these people?

john spence 20 Jan 2016

I have used them but only in the UK, very prompt. One occasion was a home start..fitted a new battery ( cheaper than Halfords) second time was a tow in to the garage.
In reply to Frank the Husky: After not being able to get the Switon scam, and finding out how bad the reviews for Green Insuranbce are, I went with Driver Guardian.

Brilliant reviews, and 1 year UK&EU full cover for £79.

john spence 20 Jan 2016

Never read the reviews. Mate of mine once worked for a double glazing company, one of his weekly tasks was to write bad reviews for their competitors.
In reply to john spence: I can believe that. The company he worked for must have been really insecure in the quality of their work to employ someone to do that. We'll see how this one pans out.

Graeme G 20 Jan 2016

> After not being able to get the Switon scam

Bummer. Sorry. Did you need to be insured with them?

In reply to Father Noel Furlong: Nope. I have insurance I was just after the breakdown cover. The driver guardian one looks excellent so all is well.

joelc 21 Jan 2016

I use ADAC, the German automobile association. Can't remember how much but if you message me direct I'll be happy to give you the email address of my friend who works for them as the website can be tricky for non-German speakers.
In reply to joelc: Thanks for the reply but I am now covered with Driver Guardian which should do the job nicely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...