UKC

I need some touring boots!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 20 Jan 2016
Hi

I'm after a pair of not too expensive touring boots. I've a fairly narrow heel, normal forefoot and with my orthotics normalish volume. UK8. Have skied scarpa Titans and Denalis in the past. Not strictly looking for a super light boot. Bit of a do it all really.

Thanks in advance.
 Carless 20 Jan 2016
In reply to droites:

I really rate my Scarpa Maestrale RSs https://www.scarpa.com/maestrale-rs
I got them after using Denalis for years and cannot fault them
The non RS version is cheaper but a bit less rigid

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=632594
Nick Barnard 20 Jan 2016
In reply to droites:
Hi

I have a pair of Scarpa Matrix in 27, will try and get you a set of photos tonight.

*if you're interested in second hand!

Nick
Post edited at 15:09
 tintinandpip 20 Jan 2016
In reply to droites:

Have a look at Rock and Run website or give them a ring they regularly have some really good deals. ( Usually on Scarpa boots).
 Frank4short 20 Jan 2016
In reply to droites:

GO to a recommended bootfitter (not that many good ones in the UK). Get measured up and fitted and buy what suits your foot shape that you can afford. Everything else is moot. Poorly fitting ski boots are the fastest impair your skiing ability, cause you a lot of pain and make something enjoyable unpleasant.
 HeMa 20 Jan 2016
In reply to Frank4short:
> GO to a recommended bootfitter (not that many good ones in the UK). Get measured up and fitted and buy what suits your foot shape that you can afford. Everything else is moot. Poorly fitting ski boots are the fastest impair your skiing ability, cause you a lot of pain and make something enjoyable unpleasant.

ding ding...
OP droites 20 Jan 2016
In reply to HeMa:
Agreed. Think I'd like to try a second hand option also. Matrix prob fit.
I don't mind getting a pair this season that are ok. Can't afford new ones at the minute. Wish I could. As a general rule how do folk think dynafit fit ie heel width/vol etc compared to the likes of scarpa. I'm in Scotland shortly so if I can sell an organ I might go new in mountain spirit or Cairngorm mtn sports.
Thanks for any help folks. Greatly appreciated.
Post edited at 15:57
OP droites 20 Jan 2016
In reply to Nick Barnard:
Thanks nick. If you want you can email me phots etc. sgken73@gmail.com

Thanks
Post edited at 16:02
 TobyA 20 Jan 2016
In reply to Nick Barnard:

Hi Nick, I might also be interested. Where in the world are you? Anywhere close to Sheffield? I think I might be Scarpa 27 but I might be 27.5... so obviously trying them first would be optimal.
 HeMa 20 Jan 2016
In reply to TobyA:

Can't remeber how Scarpa shell sizes go. But 27 and 27.5 might be the same shell, just a thicker liner.
 Dark-Cloud 21 Jan 2016
In reply to HeMa:

I think with Scarpa the size break of the shell is on the full size so a 27 and 27.5 are different shell sizes, 27.5 and 28 would be the same shell.
 HeMa 21 Jan 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Quite likely, though I have a faint recollection, that Scarpa made a mess out of this a few years back and changed the way or something... The Matrix is quite old boot, after all...
 Dark-Cloud 21 Jan 2016
In reply to HeMa:

The new ones are certainly like that:

http://www.evo.com/scarpa-ski-boot-size-chart.aspx
 mike steele 21 Jan 2016
In reply to droites:

If you fancy Nordic Ski touring, you won't do any better than Alico ski/march boots on Amazon.
Search Max Fuchs Ski Tour Boots Leather "Alico" Vibram Sole Black

Cheers

Mike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...