UKC

Sponsored Climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 irving1043 20 Jan 2016
Just wanted to get some opinions on a total distance i can aim for, for a sponsored climb to raise money for charity. I plan on doing it over the length of a week, i was thinking around 3000 meters of indoor climbs but I don't know if this is too much/too little, any opinions would be great.
 flopsicle 20 Jan 2016
In reply to ri6625:

I did 107 laps on an auto belay at notts. I subtracted 7ft for my height and the last holds being shy of the top - but also because it made 27ft 20ft which makes the maths easier! I did all the climbs on lower grade route (5s from memory).

On F6a and bs my best dived to 60 something - can't remember exact but lots less so I think the grades of the routes make a huge difference.
 dunnyg 21 Jan 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Did 1200m on the spur of the moment in 5 hours, including belaying my mate whilst he did his. It will depend on your fitness, and willingness of belayer. Grade and angle makes s big difference. Look after your feet and skin
 Hyphin 21 Jan 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

> I did 107 laps on an auto belay at notts.

take it the place was empty, or the thick skin affects more than just your finger tips?

Hyphin 21 Jan 2016
In reply to irving1043:
My son's BB troop are raising funds to refurbish a school in Malawi, he and his pal had the idea of both of them climbing the equivalent of Mount Mulanje (the highest in Malawi at 3002m); they reckoned a day should do it! Think I've persuaded them to recruit some more climbers and make it a group effort. Unashamed plug,(and hijack) I can post up their "justgiving" page if anyone is interested.
Post edited at 16:57
 flopsicle 21 Jan 2016
In reply to Hyphin:

It was on a fri morning so yes, pretty empty - also more than one auto belay! But thanks for the concern.
 Hyphin 21 Jan 2016
In reply to flopsicle:

Nae bother, was having a good snigger at what the reaction at my local wall would be if some bugger went for it, if it wasn't that it would definitely kill me I'd consider having a go. Pretty impressive stamina.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...