UKC

Is Polartec Powerstretch is too good at wicking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 24 Jan 2016
Whilst fellwalking in light to medium rain, I've found that my the lower sleeves and wrists on my powerstretch midlayer get really damp as they wick up water from my hands and gloves. This makes my wrists and hands go very cold and then numb after a day on the hill.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Do you use powerdry or classic instead?
 bouldery bits 24 Jan 2016
In reply to Alpenglow:

Not an answer to your question but this is a great advert for powerstretcj tights. That sort of wicking power sounds brilliant!
 DaveHK 24 Jan 2016
In reply to Alpenglow:

Roll your sleeves up a bit.
 angry pirate 24 Jan 2016
In reply to Alpenglow:

I suspect this isn't just a power stretch issue as I have encountered similar with bog standard 100 weight fleece. My solution was longer sleeves on my water proof and a pair of goretex unlined mitts that I don as soon as it starts to get damp.
I'd be surprised if any mid layer is much better as they are meant to wick sweat out effectively so will do the same thing with rain water.
 BnB 24 Jan 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

Agreed. I always buy outers with a bit extra in the sleeve and make sure the cuff fits over gloves and cinches tight.
In reply to Alpenglow:

VBL Cuffguards?
 iksander 26 Jan 2016
In reply to Alpenglow:

> Whilst fellwalking in light to medium rain, I've found that my the lower sleeves and wrists on my powerstretch midlayer get really damp as they wick up water from my hands and gloves.

Is this under a waterproof? Just cinch the cuffs down?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...