UKC

Day tours and off piste from La Thuile.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 25 Jan 2016
There's lots of info on the rest of the Aosta valley but I'm not finding much on La Thuile. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me some recommendations?

Ta
 smithaldo 25 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

E-mail the courmayeur guides maybe?

I seem to remember there being alot of italian ski touring books in one of the courmayeur bookshops as well if you can stop off on the way? I seem to recall It was on the main old shopping street in courmayeur so should be obvious.
craigloon 25 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

There's some side-piste and slackcountry in La Thuile itself, but there is also a tour that starts in Courmayeur and ends in La Thuile. Didn't end up doing it when we were there, but easy to work out on the map. You get 2 days at Courmayeur on the La Thuile lift pass and the bus service is great.
 Mark Bull 25 Jan 2016
In reply to craigloon:
If you go to the Col du Belvedere (top of Bellecombe II lift) you can boot (quite steep and sometimes icy) and then skin up the ridge to the top of Bella Valletta and then ski the valleys to the east, eventually joining up with the red no. 18 and 6 pistes: a nice half-day trip.

I haven't been there, but you can also access the Lancebranlette on the other side of the Petit San Bernard: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=izIkPOOR9PYC&pg=PA119
Post edited at 15:30
 Pinch'a'salt 25 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

Dave I will drop you a line when I have a minute. Loads to do over there.

Simon C
OP DaveHK 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Pinch'a'salt:

Ta much.
 chris bedford 26 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

Mont Valezan / Valaisan...
http://www.camptocamp.org/summits/41793/fr/mont-valezan-valaisan

Can do it from the base or use the Chaz Dura (?) uplift, ski down the piste a bit then drop into the valley on the right and start skinning. Terrain is a bit disorientating (we missed it the first day we tried, but had a nice ski anyway) but a great little day tour / peak. Might be some heli-skiers about.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...