UKC

VIDEO: Tom Randall Slays The Kraken V13

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 25 Jan 2016
This excellent video by BMC TV and Hot Aches Productions tells of Tom Randall's efforts on his most recent project The Kraken V13 in Devon - a 40ft long roof crack which appears to swallow your fingers whole...

The crux? "It's a long horizontal span to a back-hander mono, followed by a 270 degree spin through and hard move to a thin hand jam, which is immediately followed by a really gnarly ring-lock move."

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=2960
 stp 26 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Wow, super impressive bit of climbing there. Looks hideous. And great vid too.

It makes me wonder why can't more videographers include some narration to their creations instead of some bland background music with no effort to describe the problem or what it means to them, the difficulty, etc.
In reply to UKC Videos:

Brilliant, in more ways than one.

jcm
 Michael Gordon 27 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Some heinous holds and a great bit of film making.
 Carless 27 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

excellent film - the holds make me realise I'll never manage V13
 DannyC 27 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

That's a class wee video. Hard to fault.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Ouch!

Chris

PS. Brill video
 Rick Graham 27 Jan 2016

> PS. Brill video

I agree.

However, it would have been more pleasant to watch with extra pads and spotters.
In reply to UKC Videos:

If that's not technical climbing, I don't know what is!
 neil0968 28 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

out standing some of the best climbing I've ever seen
 Wft 28 Jan 2016
In reply to stp:

> Wow, super impressive bit of climbing there. Looks hideous. And great vid too.

> It makes me wonder why can't more videographers include some narration to their creations instead of some bland background music with no effort to describe the problem or what it means to them, the difficulty, etc.

Tom is particularly good at narration, I think some climbers just wouldn't add anything, similar to asking footballers questions after matches. Though I do agree some input is better than no input

stp 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

Agreed Tom is eloquent and down to earth. But the film makers should be able to ask questions or even have a third person tell the story if needs be. After all if an ascent doesn't mean much to the climber why should it mean anything to anyone else?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...