UKC

Energizer head torches any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abcdef 25 Jan 2016
Am in the market for a new head torch, ideally something to cover most uses, with 100+ lumen ability, can run from rechargeable batteries etc. Aside from the usual suspects which can be quite pricey (DB, Petzl etc) has anyone used the Energizers heavily? Can get a 135L version for £14 which seems a bargain, but I suppose not if its a duffer. Apart from the fact that it seems to be IPX4 rather than 6 are there any reasons to avoid??

Alpkit are a possibility - maybe the Viper or Muon as better alternatives??
 Run_Ross_Run 25 Jan 2016
In reply to abcdef:

Depends what you want it for. It it's for filling the bins at night or working on the car in the dark then it's fine.

Anything else then I wouldn't bother.

psaunders 25 Jan 2016
In reply to abcdef:

Yes, I've been using one for the last few years. Works brilliantly, good light output, good battery life. Only cost me £7. Simply miles better than the alpkit ones, which I repeatedly had problems with and wouldn't trust at all.

No idea about the latest ones, but I wouldn't write them off.
 nathan79 25 Jan 2016
In reply to abcdef:

I've got an Energizer one. Use it as a backup to my Black Diamond Cosmo.

I'd say it wasn't as good as my Alpkit gamma and I think I paid around the same price for it. Decent torch overall though.

135 lumen one for 14 quid is worth a pop I'd say.
 mattsccm 26 Jan 2016
In reply to nathan79:

Had a couple. Better beam than my Alpkit one. Suspect it was a cheaper one than yours though.
 Snowdave 30 Jan 2016
In reply to abcdef:

I think a bit expensive for you,:- but since they first came out a few years back I just use a Petzl Pixa3. designed to run on any AA battery. The toughest, most freeze, drop, water, dust, crush, intrinsic (ATEX) headtorch out there. Nice easy to use with gloves main knob, & locking off function to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...