UKC

Elbrus with Geographic Bureau Reviews?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wardyuk 25 Jan 2016
Hi everyone,

Looking at going to Elbrus this year and have been looking at going with a Russian company called Geographic Bureau ( http://www.elbrus.su/ ). Has anybody had any experience with this company?

Thanks

Wardy
 Mark123 25 Jan 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I went with a Geographic Bureau organised trip up Elbrus about 8 years ago. Everything went very well, they were professional in all respects from start to finish, particularly our guide - who was called Gia. I've no hesitation in recommending Geographic Bureau. Go for it! A few years later I also booked with GB for a trip to Mount Kazbek in Georgia, again they carried out a very good job.
OP wardyuk 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Mark123: Thanks for that Mark!

crayefish 26 Jan 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

Surprisingly cheap! I could even be tempted myself...
redsonja 26 Jan 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I climbed Elbrus with them about 10 years ago- also with Gia! They were fantastic and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. The company used the chair lift and then a snowcat to get people high on the mountain and when 4 of us said we didn't want to do this Gia arranged for one of the guides to walk up to the barrels with us and then for us to leave 2 hrs earlier than everyone else on summit day. I'm sure he must have thought we were a pain in the neck but he understood we wanted to climb the mountain ourselves and was really supportive.
 BobtheBagger 26 Jan 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I used a Russian company, Pilgrim Tours, also very well organised giving us a great trip for a very reasonable price.
OP wardyuk 27 Jan 2016
Thanks for you replies!

banana crepe 28 Jan 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I used them (Geographic Bureau) about 18 months ago to summit Elbrus, good company, chap called Viktor guided us . Some stunning alpinesque meadows to be found on acclimatisation walks. From memory we did it in 3 or 4 days all told. If you see Viktor he has a liking for dried fish and beer....
OP wardyuk 05 Feb 2016
Thanks for your reply

In reply to Mark123:

Gia has his own outfit now,;Elbrus travel. He does a good job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...