UKC

TC Pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robbiebrookie 29 Jan 2016
Hi all,

I'm going to invest in a pair of Sportiva TC Pro's for some planned long multi-pitch, granite / crack climbing and maybe as my more comfortable Trad shoe. That's the theory.

Problem is, there doesn't appear to be any local shop's stocking, so can't try them for size. So I'm in the order-online-and-maybe return scenario.

I know what size I wear in my Sportiva Solution's and Miura's, so could aim to size relative bearing in mind on the TC Pro I'm looking for a slightly less aggressive fit (flatter toes) for crack and all day comfort.

Any one got TC Pro's and can tell me their sizing vs their Miura or Solution?

thanks!

climbwhenready 29 Jan 2016
In reply to robbiebrookie:

If your profile of "living in London" is still up to date, they are stocked by Cold Mountain Kit. I tried them on last time I was shoe shopping!
 humptydumpty 29 Jan 2016
Can't help, but I'd be interested to know how they fit compared to Katana Velcro.
OP robbiebrookie 29 Jan 2016
In reply to climbwhenready:

Thanks good suggestion.

BUT, they only have larger sizes in stock - too big for me.

So still interested in others experiences.
 yodadave 29 Jan 2016

for me, muira and tc pro sizing was identical.
no experience with solutions.
I look forward to having the money for brand new TC Pros, they are amazing!
Houser 29 Jan 2016
got mine from cold mountain Kit , phone them up and they will get your size in for you if you ask nicely - I wear 11.5 normally in miura but went up half a size for all day trad and they are spot on
best shoes I've ever had !
 Šljiva 29 Jan 2016
In reply to yodadave: Same here, same as Muiras

OP robbiebrookie 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Šljiva:

Thanks. Ps can currently buy online for 82 pounds. I'm going for half euro size up from my tight miura's for all day comfort.
 yodadave 30 Jan 2016

where you seeing that price? I'm looking at £130!!
 Šljiva 30 Jan 2016
In reply to robbiebrookie: they're sized more comfortably than muiras anyway so you may not need to.
Presume bergefreunde or telemark Pyrenees for that price?

Andy Lagan 30 Jan 2016

I'm a 43.5 in normal shoes and have 41.5 in TC Pros. Sorry can't help re: Miuras. I could barely get them on my feet in the shop, but they stretched perfectly. Comfortable enough to climb all day, but responsive on little edges.
OP robbiebrookie 30 Jan 2016
In reply to yodadave:

Have a look at the website of epictv and their shop,...
https://shop.epictv.com/en/climbing-shoes/la-sportiva/tc-pro

Initial price is 135 Euro.

To get the best ("member price") you'll need to register as a user, I have been for about a year, once logged in I get a price of 115 Euro for the size 40 I ordered.

Apply a coupon at checkout of "WELCOME" to get a further 5 euro off, this gets you to 110 Euro. This coupon came from a prior epictv marketing email I had received.

The exchange rate they apply turns this into approx. 82.50 pounds including delivery (which is "free" via UPS to the UK).

This was for a size 40 (euro), not sure if the prices change based on stock availability / clearance etc.

There is a 14 day return, so if the size doesn't work I'm guessing I can return and get a different size (if available).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...