UKC

childrens sit harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fmck 30 Jan 2016
My 7 year old needs to move on from his full body harness. He is itching to start some bolt clipping at the climbing wall so I want to change his harness to a sit harness.
Any advice on here of folks with youngsters in sit harnesses would be appreciated. What make they have used and their experience using them.

Cheers
 WildCamper 30 Jan 2016
In reply to fmck:

My lad was the same age when i got him a Black Diamond Whizzkid harness. He likes it and says its comfy.

i found it to be good quality, easy to fit and secure. Also comes in different colours

hope this helps
 Tim Davies 30 Jan 2016
In reply to fmck:
My offspring has been leading in her original full body harness. Just got her the BD whizz- can't really see what difference it'll make apart from looking a bit more grown up.

I shall report back if it works.......
 John Kelly 30 Jan 2016
In reply to fmck:

BD whizz is very good
 ranger*goy 31 Jan 2016
In reply to John Kelly:

My son has a black diamond whizz and I've no complaints about it. He's nearly outgrown it though and I haven't found anything in between that and an adult harness.
 LG-Mark 31 Jan 2016
In reply to ranger*goy:

My eldest son is a pretty skinny 10 year old and the Black Diamond Whizzkid was too small, I found the Climb X pilot in XS size to be pretty perfect. See here....

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/climb-x-pilot-harness-set-p194186

My youngest does use a Whizzkid though and he is pleased with it.
 Sealwife 31 Jan 2016
In reply to fmck:

My three kids are now wearing the following:-

Eldest daughter, tall, slim 12 year old - Womens XS BD Primrose, fits her well and looks and is grown-up
Middle daughter, tall skinny 10 year old - Kids version of BD Alpine Bod which was given to us - she loves it, says it's very comfortable
Youngest daughter, small 8 year old - Edelrid kids sit-harness, can't recall it's name. It fits her just, she is small and the waist is cinched down to it's minimum. Harness appears to be decent quality but it is inclined to twist and kids (I've handed it down from child to child) don't find it easy to sort out and put on by themselves.
 John Kelly 31 Jan 2016
In reply to Sealwife:

Edelrid - difficult to put on because twisting, ok but bd is a lot better
 ranger*goy 31 Jan 2016
In reply to LG-Mark:

Thanks for that, I'll look into it
 Mark Kemball 31 Jan 2016
In reply to fmck:

My lad has been very happy with his DMM Tom Cat http://dmmclimbing.com/products/tomcat/
OP fmck 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone good to see no one has had any real problems. Guess I will try him in the BD & DMM and see what he prefers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...