UKC

Building small campus/fingerboard wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Garston 31 Jan 2016
A little advice if possible? I am mounting a board with either campus rungs and or holds from my loft hatch in a frame and this will be at a 10% angle. So far so good.... But I need to mount a finger board at the top as I only have room for one board but of course this finger board needs to be mounted so it is vertical. How the heck do I mount a finger board vertically on 1" ply which is overhung at 10 or so degrees?
Many Thanks for the answer in eager anticipation!!
Chris
 GwilymR 31 Jan 2016
In reply to Garston:

I think I would take a bit of 2x6 and cut a 10deg complimentary angle on one side. Mount the fingerboard on the other side and fix the whole thing to your ply. This would be most easily achieved with a bandsaw (know any joiners?).
 Paul Crusher R 31 Jan 2016
In reply to Garston:

How's about two pieces of ply, a campus board one side and a vertical board on the other. A hanging wedge shape. I'd be cautious about a 10 degree campus board, you'll be rubbing/catching your elbows on the lower rungs. 15 degree up to 18 is a bit more ideal.
 john_mx 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Garston:

I know this is off topic! But do you live in garston by any chance?

John.
OP Garston 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Garston:

Many thanks for suggestions, It is now built and I wimped out of adding the campus board so now have a removeable frame with a finger board on which sits in the space where my loft hatch is so it looks normal when the hatch is in but converts to fun space in about 2 minutes. I should have been a joiner!

I am happy to post a pic if it is of use to someone else who has a houseproud wife and cannot screw boards into walls!

I dont live too far away from Garston, but the name was actually just me picking a name for the internet and I meant to use the ladybird off Ben and Hollys Little Kingdom (I have daughters) but only realised too late its Gaston and I had spelt it wrong! So Garston it is for ever......
 jkarran 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Garston:

> How the heck do I mount a finger board vertically on 1" ply which is overhung at 10 or so degrees?

Either build/cut your frame so it's vertical where you want your finger board or use packing pieces/wedges to give you a vertical face to fix to. Sketch up a few options then work out which is best given the tools, materials and skills available to you.

jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...