UKC

Ideas for Nepal in April

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 splat2million 03 Feb 2016
It is looking like I will be able to travel to Nepal in April and would like some ideas of what to do.
I am not exactly an elite climber so wouldn't be looking at doing anything too technical but a bit of steeper snow/ice or scrambling would be good. I can climb Scottish II and trad HS but only at sea level, and I've done some easy alpine scrambling at PD at a little bit of altitude.
I have 3-4 weeks (and will also be travelling pretty promptly after a trip to Kilimanjaro) so I have a bit of time to acclimatise.
I'd probably be looking to hire a local guide or company and porters.
I've looked at Mera Peak and Island Peak, both of which look about the right level of difficulty and altitude for me - but does anyone have any other recommendations to look at for a first trip to the Himalaya?
 dez 05 Feb 2016
In reply to splat2million:

I have sent you an email
Bserk 07 Feb 2016

Island peak is nice warum up hike, give Lobuche East a try too after - remember there is a false summit and a real one. The real summit has a nice jump and ridge walk.

Pisang, Chulu Far East (and Chulu West if desired) with a crossing of Tilicho La and flight back from Manang is an alternative in the Annapurna area.

(Warning - it's 12 years since I did this trip and that was in October).
In reply to Eeyore:

Sorry, forgot to add another warning - don't ever ever ever drink apple brandy in Manang

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...