UKC

Paramo question (again!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tim Davies 06 Feb 2016
Paramo enduro jacket

First day out yesterday in proper rain and wind.

Air temperature about 6 degrees, two synthetic base layers.

There was a reasonable amount of moisture on the inside especially around the rucsac straps, back area- about the same I would have expected wearing an old goretex jacket at the end of its life.

Normal?
 Mountain Llama 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Tim Davies:

even the most breathable materials are going to struggle beneath your rucksack

Davey
 RhysRolfe 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Tim Davies:
Sounds pretty normal, the idea of the paramo gear isn't to be waterproof but to shed some water on the outer layer then the inner layer is warmed by you and wicks water away from your skin which means you should be comfortable in the rain or whilst perspiration heavily.
I find it best to keep minimum clothing between skin and paramo clothes for best comfort as inner layers trap water near your skin.
 Snowdave 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Tim Davies:

> Paramo enduro jacket , two synthetic base layers.

> There was a reasonable amount of moisture on the inside especially around the rucsac straps, back area- about the same I would have expected wearing an old goretex jacket at the end of its life.

Er get rid of the two synthetic base layers, Paramo works best when used with their base layers & mid layers....the layers then move the moisture better.
 jonnie3430 07 Feb 2016
In reply to Tim Davies:

Sweat? If so it got rid of the rest that you produced, buy couldn't which out the stuff under your straps. As others have said, I find paramo warm and usually wear a base layer underneath while moving.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...