UKC

Question for engineers/mechanics, nuts and bolts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Last 06 Feb 2016
Hi all.

I've broken the steel component that holds the blade in place (under considerable tension) in the frame of my rather nice mitre saw. The saw is old, so I doubt I can get a spare and am assuming it'll be expensive to get the part machined.
I can see how I could configure it with enough strength to hold the blade in place using nuts and bolts, but I would need nuts that will join two bolts together at right angles and a nut like a t-junction (but not a tee nut - that's actually climbing related!) that will hold three bolts together.

I assume, possibly incorrectly that such things exist, but can somebody tell me what they're called please and where the hell I could buy some?

Cheers for your help.

Tom
 markAut 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Tom Last:

Not sure exactly what you're after without pictures, but you may need to get a block of metal and drill and tap it yourself. Not difficult if you have the tools...
 Oceanrower 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Tom Last:

Get the welder out
OP Tom Last 06 Feb 2016
In reply to markAut:

Cheers both, but yeah, not really got the tools for welding or tapping steel. Wood I'm okay with, metal less so. Cheers!
OP Tom Last 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

> Get the welder out

Actually though, I think I might go with this and get somebody to weld the thing back in place for me, then I can just stick any old bolt through to hold the actual blade.

Cheers all, sorted.

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...