UKC

Would you buy second hand Black Diamond camalots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ava Adore 10 Feb 2016
I'm planning on getting rid of my trad gear as I don't climb outdoors any more. Most of it is probably not worth a great deal but I'd like to get something for my few Camalots as they've barely been used. If they look OK and seem to work OK is that a good enough indication of whether they're saleable?
 timjones 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:
> I'm planning on getting rid of my trad gear as I don't climb outdoors any more. Most of it is probably not worth a great deal but I'd like to get something for my few Camalots as they've barely been used. If they look OK and seem to work OK is that a good enough indication of whether they're saleable?

Yes I'd definitely buy cams after a visual inspection. When you're run out on a route a secondhand cam is better than no cam at all IMO.

In fact I have bought cams unseen and inspected them on delivery if the price is right. What have you got and how much are you asking
Post edited at 12:43
 deepsoup 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:
Without meaning to be facetious, I think the best indication of whether they're saleable is whether anyone will buy them. :O)

If they look and seem to be in good nick, and you know they've not been abused then they're certainly fine to use so why not? Looking at the 'sold' listings on ebay it seems that 'as new' C4 Camalots go for about half the price of a new one, so i guess a bit less if they have a few superficial signs of wear & tear. Couldn't hurt to stick a 'for sale' post up on here...

Sorry to hear you don't climb outdoors any more btw.
Post edited at 12:42
Removed User 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:

Chuck em on the FB gear exchange group and they'll go super fast. Have to provide pics and price.
 Offwidth 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:

My experience is some people on ebay will buy cams second hand for more than they would pay new when on sale. Bizzarre!
 Run_Ross_Run 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:

Pay for a premier post and put them up on here.

Should do the job.
OP Ava Adore 10 Feb 2016
In reply to Ava Adore:

Thanks all. I'll get my butt in gear and get them up for sale then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...