UKC

2002 Citroen Dispatch Campervan for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Ian Hey 10 Feb 2016
premier post photo
Citroen Dispatch 2.0litre turbo HDI
2002 145k miles
situated North Wales
Re registered with DVLA as motorhome (makes it easier to insure, and allows you to drive at car speeds not van restrictions)
Electric front windows, 2 side windows in rear. Central locking.
Metallic blue paint
MOT till Feb 2017
Reason for sale – bought a bigger van

Includes
Fiamma bike carrier for rear door for 2 bikes
Thule lockable roof bars and roof box
4 winter tyres still in good condition
snow chains

Conversion
Converted by myself in 2006. Front passenger seat on swivel. 2 burner gas hob and grill, 25 litre water container, leisure battery and 3pin inverter, plenty of cupboard space. Self made rock and roll bed (not crash tested) There is one 3 point inertia seat belt and one lap belt in the back, again these were fitted by me. Climair wind deflectors on front windows.

Condition.
Bodywork in very good condition with no rust. A few minor scratches which have been painted with primer and touch up paint. Great runner, far faster and with greater acceleration than the sluggish 1.9litre. Just had £800 spent on a full service, MOT, power steering return pipe replaced. Front brake discs, pads replaced. Brake calliper replaced. Regularly serviced once a year.

The vehicle has spent 4 of the last 5 years stored in a shipping container while I have worked abroad for three contracts of over a year. On return, on reconnecting the battery the vehicle has started first time. It was then taken for a full service and MOTd.

There are of course a number of ways in which the vehicle is showing its 14 year age. The glovebox latch is broken, some of the latches on the self made cupboards in the back could do with adjusting slightly, the air conditioning no longer works (last time it was serviced I was told there was a small leak in a hose that would need replacing for it to work again). The van has never liked starting in cold weather (below say -5C) after being left stood for a few days. I fitted new glow plugs but this did not seem to help much. However winter 2014 I spent in Chamonix. It was a mild winter by alpine standards and providing I started the vehicle every day it was generally ok. One of the lights behind the heater controls and one behind the fuel guage have intermittent faults and occasionally don’t work but this does not effect the heating or fuel guage.

It has been a great vehicle for me. Perfect weekend/week camper for 1 or 2 people. It has also done several longer trips to Europe. You would not want to live in it for in winter but provided the weather is warm extended use is not a problem. As with any vehicle that age things have gone wrong but these have always been fixed immediately.

post interest on here or email me through UKC
In reply to Ian Hey:

What's the price?
OP Ian Hey 16 Feb 2016
In reply to crag_hopper_Jay:

£3000

Apologies it was a cut and paste job from a word document and somehow that bit got missed out.
Also apologies for not getting back sooner I have been away climbing in Scotland. Back now if you have any more questions
OP Ian Hey 16 Feb 2016
In reply to Ian Hey:

£3000 is the asking price. thanks.

Apologies not sure how this got missed off the original post. Any questions please just ask?

Ian

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...