UKC

Vauxhall Vivaro Camper Conversion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1poundSOCKS 11 Feb 2016
Wondering if anybody's done a conversion from the base panel van and could give me some feedback? Looking at maybe buying a 2006 model.

Thanks.
 CMcBain 11 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

From my own research (i'm contemplating converting a high roof LWB vivaro/trafic/primastar) i'd avoid the 2006 and older models that come with the 1.9L engine, as they seem to be plagued by fuel injector and various other problems. These problems don't seem to affect the newer 2.0L and 2.5L engines found in post 2007 models.
OP 1poundSOCKS 11 Feb 2016
In reply to CMcBain:

Okay, thanks. Might have to pay a bit more then, or get a Transit.
Bellie 12 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

I've converted a Hi roof LWB Trafic quite successfully. I have the 2L diesel 07. Its a good runner and nice to drive. Still some bits to finish off this summer... and hopefully getting out in it after a year of moving and DIY!
OP 1poundSOCKS 12 Feb 2016
In reply to Bellie:

Okay, thanks. I think that's same size as the Vivaro and Transit, at least in SWB version. Want a SWB as it'll be my only vehicle, so it won't be any longer than my current estate car. Plenty enough room for me too, I've lived in smaller.
 Dave Farrow 12 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

I converted a 2008 AA van. Took me ages, but I also took a few photos and wrote about it - https://yellowvanmountaineering.wordpress.com/category/conversion/

It's great now, just as good if not better than a proper VW conversion.
OP 1poundSOCKS 12 Feb 2016
In reply to Dave Farrow:

Thanks for that Dave, gives me a really good idea of the internal space.
 Andy Say 13 Feb 2016
In reply to CMcBain:

The Vivaro/Trafic/Primastar vans from about 2007 to 2010 had issues with water pooling on top of the engine and corroding the injectors. There is a Watchdog report about it; the companies concerned have offered various levels of compensation. I've got a 2009 Trafic and it set me back £700. Buggers.

I've a SWB Trafic Sports crew van with the back seats out. Decided not to go the full 'conversion' route as a folding bed, folding table, and a couple of sets of plastic drawers have me perfectly set up. With room for another bed. And I can easily strip it out to have a load carrier or put the seats back in and have a 'mini-bus'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...