UKC

Tent advice for family of four.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lynsety 13 Feb 2016
Hi,

After advice on a tent for the family. We won't be carrying it far so weight not an issue. Nice to have compartments. Be two kids and two adults. Want to be able to stand up and have room for a table and chairs.

Ideally easy and quick ish to put up. Am on a budget of about 300 but the cheaper the better!

Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance.

Lynsey
 LastBoyScout 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

We have a Robens Triple Dreamer, they do a double which would suit you but the triple obviously has more room.
 ben b 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

We ended up with an REI kingdom 8. However the 6 is also huge and on sale currently. Cheap, big, waterproof and well ventilated, midge proof, not too big and heavy.
http://www.rei.com/product/827807
Lived in it for a couple of weeks with the kids in NZ this summer, no leaks.
Previously we used a Wild Country Family Khamsin but too small for our whole family now.
Cheers
B
 Alan M 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Lynsety:
For campsite/car camping we got a Vango Icarus 500 the current versions are currently £249.99 at gooutdoors but if you search the internet you can get discounts on previous versions.

Have had it a few years now and happy it's 5 persons (2 separate rooms but on same side of tent), tonnes of space, has stood up to some winds and is fully waterproof. It has a large porch area for table and chairs and is tall enough to stand up in. The one we have is a basic tent but I would replace it with a new model if I was replacing it today.
Post edited at 19:28
 Fraser 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Lynsety:
I think Decathlon do some larger terms so it might be worth checking them out. Their prices are usually very competitive.

Edit: this is pretty cheap but maybe not big enough for your requirements:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-42-family-tent-4-man-id_8294503.html
Post edited at 22:20
 Sealwife 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

I have an Outwell Montana 6 and it's MASSIVE and pretty much bombproof. There are five of us, husband is 6ft 3 and can stand up in it. We have a trestle type table which goes up with chairs around it, inside. No problem at all.
It is a heavy beast and probably would be more than your budget new, but I got mine as an ex-display bargain a couple of years back, it's worth looking out for end of lines and second hand maybe.
OP Lynsety 16 Feb 2016
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Really like the look of the triple!! Just sooo expensive!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...