UKC

on line estate agents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 13 Feb 2016
Anyone used any of the on line based estate agents to sell property? I would be interested in finding out your experiences , so does cheaper fees mean a xatch somewhere eg poor marketing etc? Any info would be greatly received ( and likewise recommendations as well) many thanks
In reply to climber34neil:

Don't have exact experience of using on line estate agents but this might be helpful.

I've both sold and bought through Houseweb before. Both selling and buying went through far better because I was able to communicate with the decision maker direct. The option will not suit everyone as you do need a hands on approach and keep your wits about you.
 girlymonkey 13 Feb 2016

My parents did, they were very happy with it. Easy anr cheap. Their house sold quickly, but then it was in a dormitory town for both Glasgow and Edinburgh, so it always would sell quickly.
OP climber34neil 14 Feb 2016
In reply to girlymonkey:

Thanks for that, do you know who they used?
In reply to Eeyore:

Thanks will check them out
 ericinbristol 14 Feb 2016

Purplebricks are fantastic. You end up paying about 20% (!) of the costs of using a normal estate agent and yet the system is much quicker (you set your availability for viewings online and then people can book it online, 24/7 - no ludicrous delays because their is no estate agent to walk round the the viewer). Purplebricks much superior to Tepilo - better online system, they actually come physically to your house to value it as they have a local expert rep unlike Tepilo who are organised around clueless call centre people. The old fashioned estate agents are doomed...
In reply to ericinbristol:

Thanks, was interested in them
 ericinbristol 14 Feb 2016

They are great. A key thing to note is that you can put your property up for sale with a normal estate agent then take it off the market at no charge - if you sell they charge you are ridiculous amount of money. With purplebricks, there is no up front charge, but once you sell or take your property off the market, you have to pay their (drastically smaller) fee.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...