UKC

Music/songs that helped you turn your life around.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just listened to Bonnie Tyler singing Total Eclipse of the Heart. I know for some this might be pop music and others to might sound depressing - to me it sounds more like an anthem to how to live my life.

(I've not explored the real meaning of the song)

Anyone else use music to change their mood?
 aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Eeyore:

> Anyone else use music to change their mood?

Your thread title and your post seem to be talking about different things. Music can change your mood on a daily or even hourly basis, even song to song. What's that got to do with turning your life around?
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Excellent!
In reply to aln:

> Music can change your mood on a daily or even hourly basis, even song to song. What's that got to do with turning your life around?

I suppose it is that my mood can change on a whim, recognising this and doing something about it is important to me. If that means listening to music (even if it is old/corny/or out of tune) helps me.
llechwedd 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Eeyore:

The music of indifference, manifest in the sounds of the natural world.

that, or Paul McCartney's Frog Chorus....
In reply to llechwedd:

NO................. I wanted inspiration...
 aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Eeyore:

I'm a huge music fan, it's helped shape my life and it's been my enduring interest as others came and went. I understand, sorry if I seemed flippant.
Last year The War On Drugs album Lost In A Dream kinda let me wallow in the pain of a break up while simultaneously helping me through it, if that makes sense.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...