UKC

Jaws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 14 Feb 2016
Watched this again last night with my 6yr old. I enjoyed it again, and I seemed to be more scared than him. I jumped when the severed head fell out the hole in the boat even though I knew it was coming. I was 12 when I first watched it and I was terrified! My son loved the gruesome bits, jumped a bit at the scary bits, got bored at the slow bits, overall he thought it was cool.
Gone for good 14 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

I remember going to see it at the pictures. The queue to get in was the longest I've ever been in to watch a movie. Me and my mates adopted the song they sang in the slowly sinking boat.
"Show me the way to go home......".
A great scene.
In reply to aln:

I just remember the film because some stupid girl chucked her coke over me during a particularly scary bit.
OP aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Gone for good:

Great scene that turns darker when Quint reveals he was a survivor of the Indianapolis
 Big Ger 14 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

Interesting, a couple of years back I picked up an "Anniversary release" DVD of jaws.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaws-2-Disc-Special-DVD/dp/B0009UV4H4/ref=sr_1_4?s=...

My wife and daughter had never seen it, so we sat down to watch it together.

They found it hysterically funny, especially the rubber shark.

I was disappointed in their reactions.

Gone for good 14 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

It's a terrible story and one that would make you terrified of sharks for the rest of your days.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23455951
abseil 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> They found it hysterically funny, especially the rubber shark.....

How dare they? Have they no respect for grate art innit?

I still refuse to go in the ocean...
cb294 14 Feb 2016
In reply to abseil:

Your wife and daughter are absolutely correct, the rubber shark IS silly, almost Sharknado or Snow Sharks quality (I especially love the shit animation of the latter masterpiece).

Still, Jaws is not a film I would have shown to my son when he was six, seems a bit young to me.

CB
OP aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

>They found it hysterically funny, especially the rubber shark.

>

Exactly, my son knew it was crappy FX, knew it was daft, also loved the fun of it
OP aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to cb294:

>Still, Jaws is not a film I would have shown to my son when he was six, seems a bit young to me.

Why?
 nathan79 14 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

That severed head bit gets me everytime! I think I still remember the first time I saw it.

I want to watch it now!
OP aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Gone for good:

Horrific. Being preyed upon, not something humans are used to in the food chain.
cb294 14 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

Too scary for a child just starting school, IMO. This is nothing to do with the movie rating, I would be happy to ignore that as it seems a bit arbitrary anyway, just my personal judgment for that specific film.

CB
OP aln 14 Feb 2016
In reply
> Too scary for a child just starting school, IMO.

His 2nd year in school. See the posts above for his opinion on
 graeme jackson 15 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:
I remember when it came out wondering how it could only get an 'A' certificate when there's so much sex and violence in the book. Then I saw the movie and was pretty disappointed with the results. Where was the affair between hooper and brody's wife? How come hooper didn't get eaten? The town council were a lot more aggressive in their attempts to shut brody up, going as far as killing his cat.
needs tarantino to do a decent remake.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...