UKC

Tim Newton & Rachel Slater missing on Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 1poundSOCKS 15 Feb 2016
Just noticed this on Facebook, so for any non Facebook users this is what Lochaber Mountain Rescue are saying:

"We are looking for some assistance in respect of two missing climbers on Ben Nevis. Can anyone who was climbing/walking on Ben Nevis over the last weekend may have seen a couple in their 20's who were camped in green tent immediately behind the CIC hut. If you have any information can you please call Police Scotland on 101 and ask for Fort William police. Thank you."
 Greasy Prusiks 15 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Bump. Hope they're found soon.
 Hidden 15 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Thanks for posting.

I've just spoken to Fort William Police station, as I think I spoke to them outside the CIC hut.

They said they were heading for The Great Chimney - if someone can confirm this, or saw them heading in that direction, please contact the police.
OP 1poundSOCKS 15 Feb 2016
In reply to Hidden:

> I think I spoke to them outside the CIC hut.

Thanks. When was this please?
 Hidden 15 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Saturday morning
OP 1poundSOCKS 15 Feb 2016
In reply to Hidden:

Okay, thanks.
OP 1poundSOCKS 16 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

For UKC staff: Is it possible to lock important threads like this at the top, where sharing information quickly could help save lives?
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

> For UKC staff: Is it possible to lock important threads like this at the top, where sharing information quickly could help save lives?

Unfortunately we don't have that facility but I think this thread will see enough traffic to keep it lively over the next few days. Moderators can also bump threads ourselves without any replies so I will make sure we do this.

Alan
OP 1poundSOCKS 16 Feb 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thankyou. Maybe something for the future then...
 L.A. 16 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS: Perhaps it would be better to limit this to one thread for clarity? At the moment there are 3 different threads about it.
Hope theyre found soon and safely

BedRock 16 Feb 2016
In reply to L.A.:
really worrying news. Hope they are found soon and are safe.
Post edited at 10:00
 NathanP 16 Feb 2016
In reply to BedRock:

Bump
 BALD EAGLE 16 Feb 2016
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

bump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...