UKC

Helvellyn Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 18 Feb 2016
Fancying an early one on Friday or Saturday and just wondering if anybody has had sight of snow cover up Keppel Cove zig-zags onto Raise and Whiteside, Lakes Weatherline gives an indication of snow level but looking for more on the ground reports if anybody has been out

Cheers
 Gael Force 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I was climbing in Brown Cove today and saw some people skiing, or trying to ski. I don't think it's worth the bother and certainly wouldn't take good kit up there, but it depends how desperate you are. I suppose I've spent all January in France and going back soon, so I can't be bothered to ski here. Underfoot there was a lot of breakable crust, but higher up it was better.
paraffin 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raise_up_dated_pics/25014744971/in/photostrea...
Looks okay. Heading up from Greenside Mines to nose about early Friday.
OP Dark-Cloud 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Gael Force:

Cheers, was more interested in the up to be honest, then just a couple of laps of raise and home
 Gael Force 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Probs the snow level is about 1500 feet for where it starts to be complete not patchy, was melting lower later in the day. If your just interested in doing it for fitness then would be worth it.
OP Dark-Cloud 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Gael Force:

Cheers, Verbier next weekend and a week in April, having already had 2 weeks there i might just go for a walk.....

Weather looks a bit crap for the weekend anyway with freezing level way above summits by Saturday afternoon, the turbo thaw cometh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...