UKC

Glasgow Physio Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lamb 18 Feb 2016
Wondering if anyone can recommend me a physio, preferably in Glasgow, with some background in climbing or understanding of it? Treatment potentially for a shoulder impingement/damage to longhead bicep tendon in particular if anyone has any further advice. Cheers.
 colinakmc 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Lamb:
Dept of Sports Therapy (? not sure if I've got the name right) at Hampden.

They do all sports injuries, you get unrestricted use of the hydro pool while you're getting treatment, and they're actually slightly cheaper than Core etc.
 Fraser 18 Feb 2016
In reply to Lamb:

I'd second the Sports Injury Clinic at Hampden:

http://www.hampdensportsclinic.com/physiotherapy/

I've been there twice in the past 6 months months for treatment on my back and then my shoulder. The physio I saw both times was Sophie Leggate, (who used to be with Sale Sharks) and was very good. Over the years, I've been to other physios in Glasgow, both independents and at corporate, gym-type places but she was probably the most competent I've seen.

There was a guy who used to work in the physio dept. at at the old Vicky who did some climbing - I got him through the self-referral system, so you might try that option too.
In reply to Lamb:

I had a shoulder injury from climbing and saw a great physio at Achilles Heel on GWR. Her name is Kirsty, and as well as great treatments and exercises, she wrote a prompt letter to my GP which got the ball rolling for definitive management of the injury in a hospital a few weeks later.
 Fraser 28 Feb 2016
In reply to Lamb:

Okay, it's customary, more than ten days after advice was requested and given, that one might have expected you to say ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...