UKC

Getting to Forada

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 19 Feb 2016
..... just to report on a recent experience, and get some clarification; as we loved Forada, and will probably go again.

A group of us visited the crag recently, and drove our small hire cars down the track (as described in the Rockfax guide) but only as far as the chapel parking (chapel not visible at this point). The track immediately after this, where it bears round left, is very steep and rough for a short distance, and it looked too risky for our damage deposits.

Driving out, we managed to get off route, and ended up in a maze of tracks, some of which were very rough - it took us quite a while (with the sun setting) to get back to the road. We would advise taking careful note of the various side-turnings on the way in.

However, all the above may be beside the point, as I know learn that in the whole Valencia region driving off-road on forestry tracks is not allowed, and punishable by fines. Does anyone know if this is definitely the case?

Thanks
 Mark Bull 19 Feb 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

> However, all the above may be beside the point, as I know learn that in the whole Valencia region driving off-road on forestry tracks is not allowed, and punishable by fines. Does anyone know if this is definitely the case?

That's true according to local guide David Mora (who occasionally posts on here): see http://www.rockfax.com/news/2013/01/29/forada-approach/

I guess it may just depend on whether the rangers are currently taking an interest in enforcement.

Mark Bull 19 Feb 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

I think this may be the relevant law: http://www.docv.gva.es/portal/ficha_disposicion_pc.jsp?sig=001004/2008&...

Google translate says:

Article 5. Circulation of motor vehicles forest paths
Circulation of all types of motor vehicles by forest paths, except emergency vehicles and security service or firefighting is prohibited.
 cathsullivan 19 Feb 2016
In reply to Mark Bull:

Interesting ... how do we know what counts officialy as a 'forest path', I wonder?
 Mark Bull 19 Feb 2016
In reply to cathsullivan:
> Interesting ... how do we know what counts officialy as a 'forest path', I wonder?

I don't know what the official definition is, but I think "forestry track" or "forestry road" would probably be a better translation.
Post edited at 15:54
 Mark Eddy 28 Feb 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

I didn't even drive that far (was in my own car) as the track looked pretty crap. So we parked in a small lay by at the turning where the tarmac ends and walked in from here. Had a cracking day at the crag and had it to ourselves, then went off route walking back to the car, thankfully this kept us walking long enough to watch an amazing sunset. Next time i'll walk in again, it's only about 25 mins and straightforward (well apart from the going off route bit)!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...