UKC

Dmm flight or vector

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Harry Cook 21 Feb 2016
hi I'm looking at either the dmm flight or vector, if I can get away with it Id prefer the flight due to its size however I'll be carrying a basic British trad kit as well as a 70m rope, shoes, QD's, sometimes a length of static rope and chalk bag?

Anybody got any ideas which will be best?
 HeMa 22 Feb 2016
In reply to h.cook2000:

The Vector is a bit bigger, and I' sure you can cram in everything you listed. But grub might not fit in. Of course, you could fasten the rope outside, and then you'd have ample room inside.

Flight is a bit smaller, but if the main rope is lashed outside, everything else will fit in without a problem. After all, it's sized to fit a 70 to 80m rope, harness, rack of QDs and chalk bag plus shoes. The biggest article is without a doubt the rope, so if it is outside, the back is "nearly" empty.

As stated, I have the Vector and it's fine. But for sport climbing trips (with some trad thrown in, say Costa Blanca), I'd prefer something a bit smaller... like the Flight.
OP Harry Cook 22 Feb 2016
In reply to HeMa:

Ok thanks, would a 70m rope strap to outside?
 HeMa 22 Feb 2016
In reply to h.cook2000:

I see no problems there, on either sack.

Generally if push comes to shove and for some odd reason the rope doesn't seem to fit... just make the coils longer (hence less rope to lash).

~10mm 80m rope has pretty much fitted all the sacks I've had, even the lightweight 20-odd liter ones.

How ever, if it's just for approach (or descent) in non technical terrain. I don't even bother fastening the rope on the sack. Simply just put the sack on and then chuck the coils over the shoulders (between the neck and the bag).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...