UKC

5:10 Guide Tennie sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 themattyshep 21 Feb 2016
I have been told the guide tennies are sized rather large so if i have a size 8 foot, what would be best a size 8 or size 7.5??
cheers for the help
 Mike Conlon 21 Feb 2016
In reply to themattyshep: 8.5 In my experience with the originals.
 ChrisNaylor 22 Feb 2016
In reply to themattyshep:

They're a funny fit, I planned on buying a pair but just couldn't get a proper fit.. I'd say try them on before buying!
 RR 22 Feb 2016

As Chris says funny fit, like all 5.10 approach shoes now. Good rubber though. Adidas, owner of 5.10, has changed the last to a sort of running shoe something. They don’t seem to understand climbing. You want some room in the toe box before and after climbing. Since you doggies have been tortured in your climbing shoes. Old Camp 4 and Tennies etc. were a perfect relieve. Try (other brands as well) before you buy.
 mikenty 22 Feb 2016
They have definitely changed shape and sizing. I've been a size 7 repeated over 10 years, but bought a 6 1/2 in the latest generation. They seem a bit heavier and 'clumpier' (real word?) than they used to be.
 lucozade 22 Feb 2016

Agree to try before you buy. I ended up keeping a pair of 10s for general scrambling use as found the 9.5s just a bit too tight around my (wide-ish) toes. But now I think the 10s are too big. I take 9.5 -10s in everything generally. May take is they are a wee bit 'clumpy' if such a word exists.
 Martin Bennett 22 Feb 2016

I just bought the leather ones and would say the fit is dead on for my normal shoe size (NOT rock shoes size). That is to say I have a left foot about 8.75 and a right foot about 8.25 and the size 8.5 guide tennie (leather) is fine. Oddly I found the canvas ones to be huge by comparison and would definitely have had to go down to an 8 in those. If it helps any further the Scarpa Crux I have are an 8 and fit the same as the Guide tennie 8.5, though of course not quite the same shape.
OP themattyshep 23 Feb 2016

ok, cheers all, i will go try them on and maybe some scarpas too as they normally fit well. cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...