UKC

Scarpa Manta Blue old style - male, female or unisex sizing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 monkeys 23 Feb 2016
hi, I have a pair i need to sell, but don't know whether fitting should be described as male, female, unisex or whether any way of distinguishing between m/f fit ?.
Can anyone advise ? Thanks very much !
 Clarence 23 Feb 2016
In reply to monkeys:

I seem to remember that the women's were a dark blue nubuck finish in the 1990s and the men's were brown leather with a burgundy cuff but since I haven't bought a pair since then I don't know if later models were different.
 leon 1 23 Feb 2016
In reply to monkeys:
What size are they ? generally its men's 40-50; women's 36-42
As Scarpa say
Additionally, SCARPA were the first company to develop a purpose made last for women's boots. Today every ladies specific model has a dedicated female last. These lasts are slimmer in the mid foot and heel areas (Note: This female last may also be appropriate for a slim, low volume male foot and conversely a high volume, broad female foot may be better suited to the standard last).
Post edited at 19:15
 angry pirate 23 Feb 2016
In reply to Clarence:

Dead right fella. The blue nubuck ones were a female last.
OP monkeys 23 Feb 2016
In reply to leon 1:

Thanks for your replies folks. Size 41 - bang in the middle of male and female range.
They do have Goretex lining which was a late addition i guess, but can't tell from fit or appearance whether gender specific
OP monkeys 23 Feb 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

Ah that helps a lot i think.
These are a reversed leather, not nubuck,so in that case Male specific or Unisex rather than specifically female

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...