UKC

Brian Cropper

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 25 Feb 2016
It was posted on facebook today, by his nephew, that Brian died yesterday, I am sure that many of you will have been touched by Brian's life. RIP Brian, you were a good mate.
 chris_s 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:
I didn't know Brian, but I've spent many happy hours absorbed in his historical gallery of pictures and documents on UKC. Sad news.
Post edited at 16:30
 Timmd 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

I'm sorry for your loss.
 Stu Tyrrell 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

I did not know Brian, but he was always happy to post about the Pics.

RIP Brian.
 Graham Booth 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Again didn't know Brian, but enjoyed looking at his pictures and reading his warm comments

Feel a sense of loss even though I never met him

RIP
Clauso 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Sad news. I enjoyed reading Brian's contributions on these forums. He always seemed like one of the good guys. RIP.
 Sean Kelly 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:
I still have the ME Redline bag he sold me in 1973. Sad news indeed Al. I know that the Chew area & Lancs quarries were his stomping ground.
Post edited at 19:22
 Pete Pozman 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

I knew Brian back in the 80's when we trained on Cliffe. He was a good climber. It was a privilege to have known him. So sorry to hear of his passing. RIP
 eric the good 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Brian took me under his wing for a while ,as a new climber back in the 70,s.Glencoe, Wales, Lakes.Not to mention Pule Hill! Lovely bloke.R.I.P.
In reply to Al Evans:

Hi Al,
Really sorry to hear about Brian. He was a good friend, I worked with Brian in the good old days at the YHA shop on Deansgate in the late 70s. I have very fond memories of the good time we all had there and the ambiance and welcoming nature of Brian to all climbers. A sad loss.
Regards
Chris Lawson
 Goucho 25 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:
> It was posted on facebook today, by his nephew, that Brian died yesterday, I am sure that many of you will have been touched by Brian's life. RIP Brian, you were a good mate.

I already posted on Phil's initial announcement Al.

Brian was a lovely man, and great fun to be around. I've still got bits of gear I bought from him during his time at YHA - some of which I actually went in for

RIP Brian.
Post edited at 22:54
 craig h 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Sad news about Brian, always enjoyed spending some time with him and his vast knowledge on the Moorland Grit and Lancashire Quarries. His historical photos are excellent, from postcards to first ascents, shame he won't be posting any more.
 Pete Pozman 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

I wonder if Mike Harrison (the author of Boardman Tasker Award winning "Climbers") comes on here. Brian was, of course, the inspiration (not the actual person) for "Normal".
 RayG 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Brian Croppers uploads on here provide an intriguing historical account of times gone by. I too have been very interested to view the items which he posted.

He has certainly played his part in British Climbing.

Rip Brian
In reply to Al Evans: Here's a link to Brain's UKC photo album for the curious.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/author.html?id=50903

deepstar 28 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Sad news indeed, although like many others I did'nt know Brian he always made me feel welcome when I first joined UKC and made many kind comments on my photos.
 NigeR 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Evans:

Sad news.

It's been many years since I last saw Brian - it was either Windy Ledge or Brimham, around the late 70's - but will always have fond memories of popping into YHA for a brew and a gossip with him.

RIP Brian, you were a lovely man.

Brian's funeral is at 11.30am, Friday 18th March at Holy Cross Cross RC church Patricroft, Eccles, Near Manchester; then onto Peel Green Crematorium at 12.20pm. Hopefully there will be a gathering afterwards although I don't have any details for that yet.
Post edited at 15:24
 BlownAway 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

To add to the above:

Brian's funeral will take place on Friday 18th March at 11.30AM, at:

Holy Cross R/C Church
370 Liverpool Road
Patricroft,
Eccles
M30 8QD

Followed at 12:20PM at:

Peel Green Cemetery and Crematorium
716 Liverpool Road
Eccles
M30 7LW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...