UKC

Walking boot re-rand

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbwhenready 25 Feb 2016
The rubber rand (I think it's called) going round my Meindl Bhutans is ungluing from the upper. Is there any reputable company who will repair it without wanting to do a full resole at the same time - a resole + rerand 60% of the cost of a pair of boots? Or should I get in touch with Meindl and say they shouldn't be ungluing after 2 years.
 ianstevens 25 Feb 2016
In reply to climbwhenready:

Why not just glue it back on yourself and save some cash?
In reply to ianstevens:

I might. Just don't want to botch it if someone will do it for not too much money.
 ianstevens 25 Feb 2016

Fair enough. I think the reason a re-rand is expensive is because the sole covers the lower section of the rand. As such, to remove it, the sole needs to be removed, and once that is done you may as well have a new sole when the boot gets put back together - hence why it's expensive.
 Mike Conlon 25 Feb 2016

I speak highly of Altberg in Barnard Castle.
 dasc 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Mike Conlon:

> I speak highly of Altberg in Barnard Castle.

Do they repair other makes, or their own boots only?
 ben b 26 Feb 2016

Could try Cheshire Shoe Repairs in Warrington. Used to be very good (at resoling my Walshes and a pair of Mantas)

B
Rigid Raider 26 Feb 2016

There's a firm in Burnley who repair boots but be aware that they are not open on Saturday mornings; many a weekend walking trip has come unstuck when folk have arrived to collect their boots.

Thanks everyone, I'll take a look into some of these
 Mike Conlon 28 Feb 2016
In reply to dasc: They did a fantastic job on some Scarpa's of mine.
 dasc 28 Feb 2016
In reply to Mike Conlon:

> They did a fantastic job on some Scarpa's of mine.

Thanks for that,I think a trip down this week may be in order,it's a lot closer than other repairers mentioned.I have a pair of Kaylands and the tread has de-laminated from the sole.
David

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...