UKC

Benllech conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 26 Feb 2016
Thinking of heading out to do some sport routes in benllech on the Craig dwlban crag tomorrow , just wondering what condition the crag is in and what state the bolts and the lowering off points are in also ....many thanks!!!!!
 Sl@te Head 26 Feb 2016
In reply to leewil86:

All the Benllech crags need regular traffic otherwise they will become overgrown and the ivy will take over, many of the routes were bolted with marine grade resin bolts so should be ok. Get there for the morning sun as they face east ish.
 dgp 26 Feb 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Craig Dwlban is dry and all bolts are in place.
OP leewil86 26 Feb 2016
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Brilliant cheers guys really appreciate it
OP leewil86 26 Feb 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Does anyone know what the lowering off points are like I.e two bolts chain and ring.
 Sl@te Head 26 Feb 2016
In reply to leewil86:

A mix of 2 bolt lower offs and chain / ring lower offs. It's worth mentioning that Benllech suffers from a lack of traffic and is a use it or lose it crag at the moment. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best sector is the Anglers Zawn Upper Tier, which many seem to struggle to find the approach. The guidebook approach descriptions do work if followed and the upper tier can be approached at all states of tide. it is however overgrown but with traffic and ongoing clearing of vegetation it soon clears up....
OP leewil86 26 Feb 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Thanks Ian I will be heading up tomorrow it's my first trip to the crag I will be sure to clean the crag and hopefully this will be the start of a good few visits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...