UKC

Bouledering mats to hire in Hampi?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pbphil169 26 Feb 2016
Hey, I'm off to Hampi next week for a couple of weeks. The guidebook says that plenty of places hire out bouldering mats. Can anyone either confirm or deny this? I'd much rather hire them than try and lug one half way round the world and into rural india. I suppose it would be more of an adventure with a bouldering mat in tow but what can I say. I must be getting old and/or lazy. Any help as always much appreciated.
 Lhod 27 Feb 2016
In reply to pbphil169:

Yeah, easy to hire from most of the climber accommodation (e.g. goan corner) or elsewhere. Don't expect top quality pads though!
OP pbphil169 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Lhod:

Alright cheers. As long as they stop me hitting the deck im happy.
 Cheese Monkey 27 Feb 2016
In reply to pbphil169:

Usually plenty of people about to share mats with, lots of crap mats together do well
 Derry 28 Feb 2016
In reply to pbphil169:

Confirmed. As soon as you cross the river ask the first person you see. They'll know someone who has 20 or so
 Thomnomnom 09 Mar 2016
In reply to pbphil169:

As others have said, loads of pads are available - and don't accept the first one you're given because they vary wildly in quality (from worthless to fairly shit). Staying at the Goan Corner will help you meet tons of other climbers too, and usually end up with a sea of pads beneath you. That said, I took a Snap Wrap (it's huge) to Hampi this year and it wasn't too much trouble, not on the train at least.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...