UKC

Sat nav

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RockAngel 28 Feb 2016
A friend and I got talking today over sat nav voices and tried to come up with some new ones. So far we chose Morgan Freeman (he plays God in loads of films), Hannibal Lecter (he'd manipulate you to travel to a chosen destination), Alice roberts could tell you all about the historical sites your driving past, sir David Attenborough could tell you to look out for birds and animals, ozzy osbourne (don't quite know he would talk apart from slowly) and captain jack sparrow (who would tell you to drive upside down). So who would be a good voice for sat navs?
In reply to RockAngel:

I just love to get in the wifes car she programs a post code to the built in sat nav, that has some inane horrid voice.
and I program my tom tom to the other side of the country ------------- you should hear the argument---
The sat navs not the wife and I!
 deepsoup 28 Feb 2016
In reply to RockAngel:

BRIAN BLESSED!

Good for old Land Rovers and other noisy vehicles. You could probably still hear him from inside a motorbike tank bag with a full-face helmet on. ;O)

I used to have an Ozzy Ozbourne voice on my sat nav (or a fairly convincing impersonation, I guess it probably wasn't really him). I actually quite liked it that he sounded a bit vague and unsure of himself - it was a useful reminder that the sat nav directions are just a suggestion and you can ignore them if you like.
 FactorXXX 28 Feb 2016
In reply to RockAngel:

Stanley Unwin.
interdit 28 Feb 2016
In reply to FactorXXX:

> Stanley Unwin.

In the same vein - Norman Collier.
Two types available. Broken microphone mode and chicken mode.
abseil 28 Feb 2016
In reply to RockAngel:

> ....So who would be a good voice for sat navs?

Bugs Bunny? Sylvester Stallone? Leonard Cohen? Clint Eastwood?
 inboard 29 Feb 2016
In reply to RockAngel:

Bear Grylls. He'd likely direct you to the nearest luxury hotel
 Dell 29 Feb 2016
In reply to RockAngel:

Jonathan Ross - "For Weading, turn wight at the next woundabout"
OP RockAngel 29 Feb 2016
In reply to deepsoup: that would be a good one although I think I would turn the volume down on it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...