UKC

spa spg spi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sgt. Vest 01 Mar 2016
Quick question, I'm struggling to find a concrete answer online. Does SPA carry over to, or is it reciprocated by the AMGA for their SPI qualification?

I know Australia recognises it as on par with SPG, but I think the USA likes to do their own thing often.

Thanks for the help.
Andy Gamisou 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Sgt. Vest:

> I know Australia recognises it as on par with SPG, but I think the USA likes to do their own thing often.

SPG? The hamster from The Young Ones?

youtube.com/watch?v=RvrJT3-VIJ4&
 JayPee630 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Sgt. Vest:

I know it's asking the obvious but have you tried emailing the MLTB and AMGA? I suspect any answer you get on here isn't going to be as accurate as theirs.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Sgt. Vest:

In what way do you mean recognised? In the us there are many people that refer to themselves as guides who work for umbrella organisation that will have no qualifications. As such the way guide work below usage level in the US seem fairly adhoc. In that often the issue for working is getting permission to work in park, as state or national park will offer confession to guide to only certain centre or businesses. It is often the businesses that employ you and they will more often than not do some form of in house training or assessment.

As for whether it is on the same level I have a vague recollection that the syllabus is half way between our SPA and the MIA in terms of content. But check that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...