UKC

Canon EOS 70D now that 80D is coming out?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 03 Mar 2016
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new camera, as I posted a month or so ago. I've looked at various cameras, picked them up, peered through lenses, and I think I've settled on a Canon EOS 70D. The 80D comes out at the end of this month, but it doesn't seem to have any huge advantages that would justify an extra £300.

(n.b. I like the size of this one in my hand, it's not so big I wouldn't use it or so small it won't do what I want, I definitely want a DSLR rather than mirrorless, I don't like all the buttons cluttering up the back of the Nikon D7200 (which would otherwise be the obvious choice), I couldn't think of a reason why I *needed* full frame at this stage in my digital journey...)

I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind, but thought I'd ask you people who tend to get more excited about tech bits than I do - is it a terrible mistake to buy a 3 yr old model rather than a newer one?
In reply to Tall Clare:

Clare, do you think you could take better photographs with the 80D than you could with the 70D? If you're in any doubt save yourself £300, get that 70D in your hands at the weekend and crack on with it
 graeme jackson 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

I bought a 70d a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. It's a huge step up from my old 350d but the basic controls are very similar (although the main top dial is on the other side). The 70d's autofocus is vastly superior to the old camera as is the metering. There's a lot of stuff on youtube for the 70d. Can't see me ever needing anything more expensve.
Bought as body only for £519 from http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/ as I already have Canon lenses. (efs 18-200 and efs 10-18).
 The Bantam 04 Mar 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

To be fair, I can't see a lot of difference between the 80D and the 60D I have currently - so suspect the 70D is spot on.

@Nicholas Livesey: it is not necessarily whether you could take better pictures with one over the other, it is whether you would gain more enjoyment from using one over the other. One might amount to the other, but not 100% of the time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...