UKC

Northern lights now 2200hrs sunday over wyvis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gregor 06 Mar 2016
Just in case anybody around the area, a good view from culbokie tonight
 Brian 06 Mar 2016
In reply to gregor: Aye, ye can see it in Aberdeen as well !

skog 06 Mar 2016
In reply to gregor:

Just caught the end of a really bright green display, from Stirling. Not much movement, and no other colours, but a big arc and a fan.

It's gone just now, but it may be worth keeping an eye open.
 Dan Arkle 06 Mar 2016
In reply to skog:

Nothing visible from the peak district. As usual!
 skog 07 Mar 2016
In reply to Dan Arkle:

It went away for a couple of hours, but it's back now.
Graeme G 07 Mar 2016
In reply to skog:

Oh FFS! I live in the bloody north of Scotland and i've never seen them.......aaaaaaargh.

I looked out at 9 last night and thought i saw them but there was no colour....could that have been them?? Forecast for them wasn't that good so didn't make much of an effort. But after the post on here had a look at 11....and guess what? Nothing!!

Seriously doing my head in.......

Alan M 07 Mar 2016
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

I'd be frustrated also living up there and not seeing them. They have been visible to the naked eye twice in the last few months even on Merseyside.
Graeme G 07 Mar 2016
In reply to Alan M:

> I'd be frustrated also living up there and not seeing them. They have been visible to the naked eye twice in the last few months even on Merseyside.

Particularly when last year there were hundreds of people watching one of the best displays ever on my local beach and i was on my way to a meeting in Glasgow ;-(
 skog 07 Mar 2016

> I looked out at 9 last night and thought i saw them but there was no colour....could that have been them?

They were very green where I was.

There might be another chance tonight, but they're saying the main part of the storm has passed and it isn't likely to be as good.
 Alan M 07 Mar 2016

Was that the event about 2nd week of October 2015? If so yes, that was a pretty good event I see it from the beach by mine just north of Liverpool.

In December, I was in Iceland, perfect night to see the aurora and stood outside in temps of below -10 for hours on end I didn't see a thing. Imagine my disappointment when a friend visiting Northumberland on the very same night sent me a photo he had just taken. I was gutted that night!!
 malky_c 07 Mar 2016
In reply to gregor:

Bah - I'd gone to bed by that point! The window in our back bedroom is pointed in the perfect direction too, with a view out over the Black Isle and Wyvis. Fortunately saw them a couple of times last year.
 drunken monkey 07 Mar 2016
In reply to gregor:

Got a great view on the moray coast. Best (bright and high in sky) that I've seen them for quite a few years.

Have seen elsewhere that later tonight (circa 2300) could be good again. Further North and East could be best bet as shite weather due in from the west.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...