UKC

local bike club member

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tyrone 08 Mar 2016
Hi I am visiting the Lake District and staying in Ambleside on the 4th, 5th and 6th of March. I am looking for local club rider to go out for approx 40-50 miles taking in some of your big passes ie; hardknott and wrynoss. I would prefer either the 5th or 6th and early in the morning. I know its a lot to ask but any takers.
 Indy 08 Mar 2016
In reply to tyrone:

4, 5, 6th March...... 2017??
Bogwalloper 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

> 4, 5, 6th March...... 2017??

I'm not riding with him if he goes faster than the speed of light.

Wally

OP tyrone 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

Had a hard day at work don't need clever comments just some help would be appreciated.
OP tyrone 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Bogwalloper:

Yea just noticed wrong month. Meant April. Soz its been a long day.
 Dark-Cloud 08 Mar 2016
In reply to tyrone:

Drop thre guys st Bikretreks a line or failing that the Lakes Road Club.
OP tyrone 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
Cheers for that. Will drop them an e mail
 Indy 09 Mar 2016
In reply to tyrone:

> Had a hard day at work don't need clever comments just some help would be appreciated.

WTF!
barrow_matt 23 Mar 2016
In reply to tyrone:

Wrynose and Hardknott will give a new perspective to a long hard day!

I'm local but not available nor in shape to take those on. Another club around here is Barrow Central Wheelers.

Hope you get the ride in. To avoid a long loop out around the coast you will have to go from Eskdale to Ulpha which is pretty steep too!
 LittleRob 23 Mar 2016
In reply to tyrone:

A couple of years ago I did a route with my son that I found on the internet that won a competition http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/englan...

or

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/broughton-wheelers-lakes-loop

It was a lovely route, but Wrynose from Fell Foot Farm is not for the faint-hearted! It was, with my bike/gearing/body on the very limit of ridability. Got to the top though (eventually). The problem is getting started, if you stop, on a steep narrow road with cleats.

Rob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...