UKC

The Daily Mail at it again - 'outing' a trangender

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 09 Mar 2016

What right do they have to force somebody to go public about being transgendered?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/08/daily_mail_pressures_matrix_...

It's a huge process to go though, and a very personal one.
 Wsdconst 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:

I'm confused by the photo
OP Timmd 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Wsdconst:

She's the one on the right.
 Indy 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:

The BASTARDS!

BTW who's "They"?

Its currently the 6th most popular story on the BBC news website...... did I say "The BASTARDS!" ??? refuse to pay for you're TV Tax errr sorry license.
 deepsoup 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:
"They" would be vile reactionary rag The Daily Mail, who apparently forced her to come out publicly before she was ready - as it says quite clearly in the link that Timmd posted, and also in the BBC story you're referring to.

(It's "your TV tax" btw, obviously. That misplaced apostrophe is, as they say, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.)
 deepsoup 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:
> She's the one on the right.

Actually no, don't think so. It's an old pic from 2012 - Andy (now Lilly) Wachowski is the one on the left. The one on the right is her sister Lana, who is also transsexual.

Had she been given more time to get her head around coming out publicly perhaps they'd have had a press release and some better pics prepared.
Post edited at 18:11
OP Timmd 09 Mar 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

Blame a hasty google search.
 Indy 09 Mar 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

Yup, You're correct. I know the difference.... it's auto-correct that doesn't.
 winhill 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> She's the one on the right.

Marvellous!
 toad 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

There is a difference between the story being that she is transgender and the story that the Daily Mail has maybe threatened to out her. The BBC are reporting the issues around this now it's in the public domain, rather than threatening to break the story in the first place as the Daily Mail might have done.
 deepsoup 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Timmd:
Easy mistake to make I guess. I had no idea that the Warchowski brothers had become brother and sister at some point prior to 2012, and the knowledge that they are now sisters will have a similar lack of impact on my life. Hardly would have mattered if she'd been allowed a week or two, or a month or two, to prepare to come out in her own time. It's not exactly Watergate is it?
 Wsdconst 09 Mar 2016
In reply to deepsoup

Ahh now it makes abit more sense, why is this even news anyway. I've got no interest in things like this, she can be whoever she wants to be. The media can be such dicks sometimes forcing people to go public with personal matters that are no ones business but there own.

OP Timmd 09 Mar 2016
In reply to Indy:

> The BASTARDS!

> BTW who's "They"?

The Daily Mail, which can be seen if you read the details, in case you were busy and skim read it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...