UKC

Sunday - time to go sport climbing?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steven Carter 09 Mar 2016
With the forecast sounding tropical in the NW and Cairngorm's, will any routes other than slushy easy gullies be in? Should I reside myself to dusting off the rock shoes until things freeze up again? As a wise sage said, there's always Moy Rock...

I wondered if any of the routes on Carn Etchachan might still be worth a look?

Steve
 Webster 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Steven Carter:

depends if things set up hard over night or not (I think the forecast is for light rain so probably not...), if its clear at night then a very early start up something may find acceptable conditions
 planetmarshall 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Steven Carter:

> I wondered if any of the routes on Carn Etchachan might still be worth a look?

MWIS is putting the freezing level for the Cairngorms above the summits on both Fri and Sat. Up to you, but it's a long walk back from Carn Etchachan if you don't find climbable conditions.

French Erick 10 Mar 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

it is also a lovely part of the world...I walked there and came back via the plateau with all my kit this winter...I did not grudge it! The wind was the annoying mind!
 Tricadam 10 Mar 2016
In reply to French Erick:

> it is also a lovely part of the world...I walked there and came back via the plateau with all my kit this winter...I did not grudge it! The wind was the annoying mind!

Absolutely! Loch Etchachan as a jigsaw of thawing ice is one of the most beautiful sights in the Cairngorms.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...