UKC

El Zulu demente - Riglos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 10 Mar 2016

Morning,

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=43861

What's the 7B top pitch like of this? Is it French freeable if I fall off. I've On sighted the odd 7b in my time but don't fancy my chances 250m off the deck with Riglos mega exposure. Don't wanna mess about if I do need to aid the crux, hopefully it's straightforward with nice close bolts.

cheees,
Si
Post edited at 07:44
 AJM 10 Mar 2016
In reply to snoop6060:
Its a boulder problem in the sky that you can frig on the bolts. Aside from the boulder problem turning the lip the rest of the route is all mid-6s.
Post edited at 07:49
 jon 10 Mar 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

AJM's right, it's an easily friggable boulder problem, just about the last move. There's a HUGE vulture nest you can rest on/in just below it, where you can gather what's left of your strength together... The occupants have long since gone, just the evidence of them is left.
OP snoop6060 10 Mar 2016
In reply to jon:

They better be gone, I have nightmares of getting plucked from a cliff by them dinosau beasts. They are marvelous at distance mind.

Anyways, Boulder problem in the sky sounds fun for a couple of goes before resorting to aiding. Done mosquitoes and looked up the route, looks so good. China town too but that it's seems is a fair bit harder.
 jon 10 Mar 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I did Mosquitos, Chinatown, Zulu, Fiesta in that order, and it seemed a good progression in terms of difficulty/effort. At that time China town was the best/friendliest equipped of the four. Fiesta had had only the belay bolts replaced - all the gear in between was old - bits of tat, old bolts etc, but the gear on Chinatown was brand new. However, I remember that one pitch of Mosquitos where the exposure suddenly hits was equally spooky as anything on any of the others!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...