UKC

VIDEO: Nathan Lee Flashing Master's Edge E7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Mar 2016
Nathan Lee on Master's Edge, 3 kbIt might not be El Bon Combat in terms of difficulty, but Master's Edge at Millstone is still a great climb that is on every aspiring Hard-Gritter's tick-list.

We liked this recent no-nonsense video from Nathan Lee showing his flash ascent of Big Ron's 1983 masterpiece, but what kind of beta is that for the last move?! Shame on you Nathan, we were hoping for an all-points-off dyno!

Read more

In reply to UKC News:
It's also worth noting that Dominic, Nathan's Dad, hasn't exactly had a bad week himself over in Chulilla: http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/topascents.html#sport

Good effort to both of them, inspirational on all accounts.
Post edited at 16:18
 Wft 10 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

You'll be glad to know Steve (the belayer in this video) flashed it just after Nathan in the approved way - an all out lash

Quite a short list of talented people who have flashed or onsighted this, all wads...... and Steve
 Jack Geldard 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

Glad to hear it!
 JKW 10 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News: Nice one Nathan

Fraser 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Best use of music on a video for a while! Interesting to watch his shadow over to the side too. Great effort.
 SGD 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Ditto. I found myself watching the shadow rather than the climber.

Really nice short Vid.

Good effort Nathan
 jon 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Yes. I love his obvious relief right at the end to!
 GDes 12 Mar 2016
Is that one of those flashes where he's just said its a flash cos he's seen videos of others on it or whatever, but it's basically an onsight? Looks like it. Definitely some figuring out of moves going on. Fine effort, and a nice little video.
 paul mitchell 12 Mar 2016
In reply to GDes:

I remember belaying Regan on top rope on this back in the late 70's.Punters at the crag said it would never get done.Ye of little faith.
 nathanlee 17 Mar 2016
In reply to GDes:

Hey Ged. Id seen a few mates top rope it the day before so I knew it pretty well. Still had to think on a few bits though as you noticed, thanks.
 danm 17 Mar 2016
In reply to nathanlee:

It looked like something was holding you back on the last move - like a paunch perhaps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...