UKC

Opps! Hold on Seams the Same

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 10 Mar 2016
SerengetiSeams the Same (E1 5b)

Inspired by the recent Slate article I headed out today in the glorious sunshine.

During the day I pull a hold off this route today, I was lowering off and clipping the rope back into some of the runners so a friend could second it and when I weight the rope the flake popped off. The hold was already loose as the flake move when the gear was placed. You can still get a wire although not as well seated but obvious the rock is of much better quality.

The route is a little easier but probably still warrants the same grade.

<runs for cover as the accusations of rock vandal come flying in thick and fast!>
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Did you not have any super glue with you?! It's an essential bit of kit in North Devon.
 JSH 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Mark Reeves:

i know the one, bound to come off!
 The Ivanator 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Mark Reeves:

So what you are saying is the climbing is no harder and the gear is similar, so I guess the route still seems the same
 robal 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Mark Reeves:

So you'd probably be right in saying its now an E0??? Nice to see another route joining TPS and FBD at the grade....
 jon 11 Mar 2016
In reply to The Ivanator:

Well done!
 dr_botnik 11 Mar 2016
In reply to The Ivanator:

/Thread
Andy Gamisou 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Rock Vandal! I carry a strong epoxy resin putty with me for such eventualities. Only used it once so far, but 5 years on it the (crucial) hold is still good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...