UKC

NEWSFLASH: Dani Arnold Repeats Anubis XI on Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Mar 2016
Dani Arnold, 3 kbNo major details as yet, but we've had word that Swiss climber Dani Arnold has repeated Dave MacLeod's desperate winter version of Anubis, XI,11 on Ben Nevis.

There's info and photos to come, but for now all we know is that the route, which actually follows a summer E8 (also first climbed by Dave MacLeod) took visiting Arnold a few attempts.

Read more

Michael Gordon 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent! I guess further repeats may confirm but MacLeod did give it XII.
 Jack Geldard 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:

You could be right - I went with XI,11 in the headline as that was what was in the UKC logbooks, but I added "(or maybe XII?)" in to the news item. Who knows? I guess Dave and Dani might have an idea... for the rest of us I suppose it is all guess work! Although if you're up for it Michael, I'll second you on it to double check!

Jack

ps well done Dani - pretty cool coming over to Scotland on a visit and doing this!
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant to see these guys coming over and repeating routes like this! Nice one Dani!
 Col Kingshott 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News: We were watching him climb it whilst we were on Mega Route X. He climbed the route twice, but we didn't realise it was Anubis. Then we chatted to him whilst he was walking off. He's a really nice guy. Obviously got a quick photo with him as well.

andyinglis 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Great to see it getting done. I'd always assumed Greg would have got there first, but Dani isn't a new comer to Scottish winter climbing having had regular trips over and previously repeated the Hurting. It'll be interesting to see how he thinks they compare to hard routes on the continent at the likes of the Breitwangfluh (spelling?) at Kandertseg, with existing M10-M12 trad protected routes.
 StuLade 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Surprised this didn't get reported sooner! Team on it Saturday 5th, not sure if he ticked it that day or not. I was chatting to the second just before they topped out from over in Green Gully. He'd followed all the pitches. Strong effort.
 Wry Gob 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Col Kingshott:

"He Climbed the route twice."

As you do!
 Mr Fuller 11 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Dave never graded it on his blog, he just said it was harder than the XIs that he has done. http://davemacleod.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/anubis-fwa.html

Awesome news though, was wondering when someone else would battle up this.
 Toerag 13 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I wonder which version Dave found harder, the summer E8 or winter XII (ie. is it easier with pointy things on your hands and feet?)
Removed User 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Toerag:
Especially given they were both in summer nick...

Joking BTW
Post edited at 15:34
 Mr Fuller 19 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Any more news on this yet? I'm surprised it hasn't had more attention - possibly the UK's hardest winter route getting a repeat from one of the world's best climbers.
 galpinos 22 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Still no update? Come on people....

AlH 24 Mar 2016
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Video up on youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=QPIEfYk84x0&
 petestack 24 Mar 2016
In reply to AlH:

Really nicely presented, too.
 maybe_si 24 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Great video!
 Patrick Roman 24 Mar 2016
In reply to AlH:

Thanks for that. What a really nice guy! And he speaks so highly of Scotland, kinda reassures me that maybe I haven't wasted the last 15 years of my life in these small hills of ours
In reply to AlH:
Brilliant! Blown the on-sight however!...
Post edited at 20:01
 kwoods 24 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

That's a shame - I watched the video 10 mins ago and now it appears to be private.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...