UKC

Cadence computers for mtb full sus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mountain Llama 11 Mar 2016
Hi Folks

The cat eye strada I have been using has not lasted a year before the speed sensor cable wore through in several places.

I have a cat eye astral on my hard tail which has survived over 10 years service. A though both sensors are attached to the frame, ie no suspension movement.

So choices are go for something different possibly wireless but no experience or just buy a replacement wiring harness for the strada and route the cables differently?

What do others use which works reliably?

Thanks in advance Davey

PS do not want to spend a great deal
 nniff 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:

At the risk of sounding dumb and missing the obvious - what on earth do you want a cadence counter for on a mountain bike, let alone a full sus mountain bike?
In reply to nniff:

I find it a useful tool for the sort of riding that I do, especially when I'm getting tired or the going gets tough its a great reminder to keep spinning in the right range. It works for me.

Each to their own I guess?

Davey
KevinD 11 Mar 2016

I find garmin gps plus wireless cadence works well enough on my cx bike. Nothing to get worn but fair bit more expensive for those computers which are compatible
 nniff 11 Mar 2016

Fair enough. The spending a great deal is not helpful if you want to get rid of wires and have a display in front of you. A cateye RD410DW but it's £80. I've had no problems with my wireless cateye (as long as you keep the display away from LED lights - they interfere badly).

If you want to manage your effort, you might be better off with a heart rate monitor. However, your problem really lies with a wireless display that you can see when you're riding. Happy with a mobile phone in a case on your stem? That might be an option, but by the time you've added up a case, a mount and an HRM you're back to £80 again.

Not easy. Got a Garmin?
 krikoman 11 Mar 2016

I've got a Bryton Rider 50 wireless cadance, heart rate and speed.

On my Giant full sus.

Works great, not cheap but cheaper than Garmin and the likes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...