UKC

La Sportiva Ultra Raptor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rob sykes 11 Mar 2016
Based on a "best in test" review in a trail running magazine, I'm considering purchasing a pair of these.

However, my feet are on the thin side. Anyone have any advice on the fit of these shoes - do they favour the thinner or the wider gentleman?

As an aside, if any thinner footed runners amongst you have any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
 Adam_Turner 11 Mar 2016
In reply to rob sykes:

I've had a pair of the ultra-raptors previously and they fell to bits in a few months. Nearly all my footwear is La Sportiva but they were rubbish.

In terms of fit, they certainly weren't narrow. A relatively wide toe box if anything.

At the moment I'm using the La Sportiva Bushidos. They are a little more technical than the ultra raptors. They have a sturdy rock plate and wrap around protection which does make them hug the foot very nicely. Both me and my race partner wear them and are both very impressed!
 lcullum7 11 Mar 2016
In reply to rob sykes:

I've found almost the opposite to Adam! I don't run in them that much so that might affect my view, I use them mainly as approach shoes.

In the La Sportiva range they are not the narrowest but aren't the widest either (Wildcats are wider), but in terms of all shoes out there they are definitely at the narrow end. My heels are very thin and are held nice and snug, my forefoot not quite so much but I find the toe box is fine for me. They've also held up well after use on plenty of rock and scree so no durability issues for me.

La Sportiva are great for narrow feet which is why almost all my footwear is from them. Maybe try a few of the styles and see which is best?
rob sykes 11 Mar 2016
In reply to rob sykes:

thanks gents - think a trip to a running shop is in order....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...