UKC

Tower ridge conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gazrichie2515 11 Mar 2016
Ben NevisTower Ridge (IV 3)
Hi

I would like to know if this is not too much trouble what Recent conditions are like on Tower ridge I am looking to climb it this weekend and have not climbed it before. I am aware that conditions have been changing with a thaw and am keeping a close eye on the changing weather etc along with Avalanche conditions but wondered how the snow pack is with regards to putting in anchors, how much ice if any (ice screws needed?) and recently has there been enough dry Rock to warrant taking cams? Also any comments on Avalanche would be very welcome.

Thanks very much

Gary
 Hawky 11 Mar 2016
In reply to gazrichie2515:

Hiya. It got done on the 9th! Ken Applegate from West coast mountain guides put some pics on the Facebook page called ground conditions in UK. Looked totally covered in snow with a track along it.
Ryan
 Jamie B 11 Mar 2016

I don't think I've ever used a cam in Tower Ridge. Screws are not unknown but never needed one myself.

Cover was pretty good but the thaw may expose a couple more mixed steps - hopefully plus gear!
 KA 11 Mar 2016
Hi Gary,

We climbed it a couple of days ago, here's a link to some photos: https://www.facebook.com/westcoastmountainguides/posts/1159134730777482

No screws required, and I didn't place a cam, but with the current thaw, I'm sure that placing one wouldn't be a problem.

Looking at the forecasts, Sunday will be the better day with it being drier.

Hope that helps.
Post edited at 19:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...