UKC

Ben a Bhuird cycle in bridges intact?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 team fat belly 12 Mar 2016
Hi,
I'm thinking of trying to get in to Ben a bhuird in a couple of weeks time. Hoping to ride as far along the access road as possible. I heard a rumour that earlier in the year the bridge onto the estate had been destroyed during the recent floods. Can anyone give me an update on the state of the path and the existance of the bridge over the Dee and other river crossings?
Cheers,
Tom
 Captain Solo 12 Mar 2016
In reply to team fat belly:

As far as I know Braemar - Ballater road is fine, road was rerouted due to erosion of riverbank and a footbridge was washed away.
You will be able to get to Invercauld estate road end for Glen Slugain, not sure about any local footbridges from there.
 OwenM 12 Mar 2016

The River Quoich at Linn of Quoich (Grid NO 118911) has changed course and now flows across the road to the east of the bridge. About 100m of road has gone and you can't get to the old car park. You can still park on the east side of the bridge. There's a footpath from there which take you up Glen Quoich. The foot bridge at NO 115913 has also been washed away. I didn't go all the way up the Glen but was told that there had been a large landslide further up.
 peebles boy 12 Mar 2016

MIght be of use - not got a map at moment!

https://cairngormwanderer.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/160121stormfrankimpac...
 OwenM 12 Mar 2016

Sorry that should have been - you can still park on the west side of the bridge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...