UKC

Chamonix lift operator/piste patrol gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Merlin 14 Mar 2016

Anyone know who manufactures them? I have found some similar ones from Venitex/Snow Shepherd, but both have a stitched pile cuff, which is not the same and not ideal (will soak up snow/water from the wrist).
 galpinos 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:
Venitex are the bin man gloves? Well, they're the ones sold in Mr Bricolage?

Edit, having checked the Mr Bricolage website, they are no longer stocked. Hmmm...
Post edited at 13:57
 Aly 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:

Online here:
http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Venitex-Leather-Gloves-size-8

And you used to be able to get them from the little hardware shop in Cham Sud (by the bridge next to the pizza place)
OP Merlin 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Aly:

Thanks both, but as I pointed out in my post, I'm not sure either those from Venitex or Snow Shepherd are the 'real deal' as both seem to have a stitched pile cuff, which is not the case with the lift operators' gloves (gathered from my perving on lift operators hands last week in Cham).
 winhill 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:

Venitex are rebranded DeltaPlus now, if that helps.

The ones without the fur cuff are fleece lined though, so not as warm, I would have thought, they even do thinsulate lined ones.
 galpinos 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:

They may not be the real deal for Cham lift operators, mine were bought from a DIY shop in Cluses, as were all the Grand Massif loftiest gloves at the time. Sorry!
 HammondR 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:
I have spent the last 2 winter seasons in Chamonix. All the lifties and the like I have seen with this type of glove have the fluffy pile cuff. These are identical to the Venitex (snowsheperd) glove. Bought mine at the hardwear shop in Les Pelerans for 19€ last year. Leather proofing care of Nikwax, 120 days skiing so far, Bob's your uncle. Just very practical work gloves.

I have had cold fingers occasionally, but then again so have my chums with goretex and whatnot.

earlsdonwhu 15 Mar 2016
In reply to Merlin:

Too late for you I suspect, but just talk to the lifties and ask where they get them. I did this in Val Cenis and was pointed to local building merchants where I got 3 pairs for 12 euros a pair.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...