UKC

Phone tracking apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tony 16 Mar 2016
I quite often go walking or running on my own in moderately remote areas. I always leave a route map with my partner, along with estimated times. However, there are a few times when it would be useful to have real-time tracking. We both have GPS-enabled smartphones. Does anyone know of and use tracking apps which would give such real-time tracking? The areas I run/walk in often don't have decent (or any) mobile phone coverage, so any solutions has to work without phone coverage.
In reply to tony:

I'm not sure how any real-time tracking would work without phone coverage.

The Google+ app lets you share your current location with Google+ users of your choosing. You just need a gmail account to use it.
 arch 16 Mar 2016
In reply to tony:
I use Life 360. Email based, but tracked my mate in Thailand over Christmas when he was over there.

Not sure how accurate it will be for you though.
Post edited at 10:32
 aindriu 16 Mar 2016
In reply to tony:

I use Share Where on my android phone. Uses SMS so doesn't need a data connection which makes it better in areas with a poor signal. Plus it only tracks you location when it receives a request, making it easier on the battery.

As Paul said, I can't see how a mobile phone could provide live tracking with no coverage at all.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.bjuremo.hereiam.lite&h...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...